FAQs ABOUT LEGISLATION REMOVING NON-MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM SCHOOL VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
AIR QUALITY FORECAST
Attention to those who have food allergies, here's information regarding the new "Flexibility Policy Regarding Certain Labeling Requirements for Foods for Humans," during COVID-19 Pandemic.
FARE's (Food Allergy Research & Education) response to FDA's temporary flexibility policy.
CHILD HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Low-Cost / Reduced Fee or Free Dental Services
Pediatric Dental Services at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Contact Barbara at 631-632-8967
- FREE dental for August 2018 & Informational Phone Number for future events <--click on the link to view flyer and additional info.
Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine: Pediatric Dental Services will be offering free pediatric dental services (exams, fluoride treatments, etc). The event is “Give Kids A Smile Day.” https://dentistry.stonybrookmedicine.edu/dentalcarecenter/becomepatient
FLU Update on 4/17/20
For your Information: "The NYS Department of Health has downgraded the flu from widespread to sporadic, which ends the flu season for 2019/2020."
HEALTH CARE SERVICES
- Medical & Dental Care in Riverhead - Accepts insurance. Assists with application to health care programs, if eligible. Sliding fee scale.
- Immunization Program for the Uninsured
Click on this link to view clinic immunization schedule for the month
- For future monthly immunizations program dates, click on this link
Vision and Hearing Screenings
Vision and Hearing screenings will be performed by the School Nurse beginning September 14, 2020, through February 28, 2021. Screenings are for all students in Pre Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Grades 1st, 3rd, 5th, and any new students. A letter will be sent home if your child needs to follow-up with a health care provider. Parents will be notified of all results.
Please call the school's Health Office to speak with Nurse Merry if you have any questions or concerns.
School Nurse: 631-653-4285 ext. 1